Sunday 8 October 2023

Blogoversary #19



A sunsplashed photograph of the village of Kyleakin in Skye, 75 miles south of Stornoway. It dates back 19 years, when I was based there for a week or so. Although I had set up a blog some ten days before, it was in Kyleakin that I commenced to blog my activities on a daily basis. 

On October 8th, 2004, I went on a hillwalk in southern Skye, to reach the beach of Camasunary. I post a photograph I took 12 days later.



Nineteen years of blogging has seen me change blogs a few times. I first posted in Northern Trip, which I had to close after AOL ditched its blogging service in October 2008. I wrote in Atlantic Lines for ten years, before opening A Cobbled Road five years ago. The change always appears to have happened in October, for some obscure reason. 

Anyway, over the years I have encountered some great people through AOL, and what we came to call J-land (journals land). Since 2004, some fifty bloggers have passed away; they are remembered in Silent Keyboards - Jland Angels, originally set up by the late Jeannette Oatley. 

Apart from blogging about my own exploits, I have about 70 blogs on my account related to local history and other matters. I hope you have enjoyed reading thus far, and will stay with me for this journey. Here's to year 20. 

No comments:

Post a Comment