Monday 29 November 2021

NaBloPoMo - 29 November

 They've raided the Greek alphabet again, for another Covid-variant of concern. Omicron, some people inadvertently call it Onmicron. The official name is Omicron B.1.1.2.529. That of course anagrams into No Crimbo. We shall see. The uncertainty continues, and everybody is looking after number 1. Here in the Western Isles, we had a blow from the north. Nothing out of the ordinary, but northerly winds kick up a swell in the Minch, so we had no ferry for about 12 hours. That throws the supply lines out of whack, and we were consequently treated to empty shelves in the supermarket. My pic of that elicited a frenzied response on Facebook, and I am now subject to post approval in the relevant group. Looks like I'm blamed for what other people write. Or I am blamed for causing the discussion in the first place. I suppose it is a sure sign of acceptance, but what would you expect after 17 years in Lewis. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment