Friday 8 October 2021

Blogoversary - 17 years of blogging


This is an image of the village of Kyleakin in the Isle of Skye. Back in 2004, I was staying here in the local youth hostel, now closed down. It is the large white building in the photograph. It is here that I started to write a blog on a daily basis, on October 8th - I named it Northern Trip. The link takes you to the first entry I actually wrote; I have since added entries for the preceding two months. 

Northern Trip was succeeded by Atlantic Lines exactly four years later, when AOL kindly closed down the blogging service.  By that time, I had become deeply involved in the AOL J-land community, which survives today on Facebook. Three years ago, I changed blogs again, and am now here, on A Cobbled Road. Apart from these diary blogs, I have nearly 70 other blogs on Blogger, but those double mostly as websites. 

Do you still blog?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, crap... I completely spaced MY blogoversary. Kudos to you, Guido. Now I have to go post something about "Coming to Terms'" 18th anniversary.
    Oh, and by the way, SOME of us do not survive on Facebook. But I'm still around...

    ReplyDelete