Friday 10 July 2020

Will tourists be welcomed?

I am not going to write a public response to this letter on Hebrides News. Will tourists be welcomed - I do not discern a positive response from any quarter in these islands that I can glean. I don't want to become personal to someone I do not know, but I'm disappointed to note that the writer appears to be unaware of local sentiments in what he terms his homeland. If he cares this much for his home turf, he should not even have contemplated a visit at this time. So many people think Coronavirus is a thing of the past now, lockdown restrictions lifted to a large extent and all that. Coronavirus is here to stay, and we should think of each other, not just ourselves and our precious holidays and trips down memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment