Monday 1 June 2020

Photo diary

As you all know, I take inordinate numbers of photographs. The total is about 88,000 since February 2006, roughly 6,200 per annum or 17 per day. Usually taken through a window, but also when I'm out and about. I have them logged on Flickr.com, and categorised in (I think) 800 albums. These are my diary, reminding me of days, events and people. Checking back, for instance, the album for Lochmaddy (North Uist) reminds me of my first visit there, back in 1996. Stayed in a perilous youth hostel. Eight years later, I ended up there again, now in the even more perilous Uist Outdoor Centre, where I survived for 5 nights whilst exploring the Uists. Another 9 years later, and I was traipsing the village in the company of a lady. In 2014, I passed through in appalling weather with different company. Lochmaddy is a non-descript little place, except for the surrounding scenery and the Taigh Chearsabhagh arts centre. It holds many memories for me.



This is the link to the Flickr-album https://www.flickr.com/photos/adb41/albums/72157633721153632

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved visiting Stornaway and surrounding areas via your photos!

    ReplyDelete