Monday 2 December 2019

Monday 2 December

A horrible wet and windy day, this Monday. Probably the price worth paying for milder weather, as the thermometer has crept up to 9 degrees Celsius. Went into town to seek some advice on an issue that has been vexing me for a considerable period of time. I have to think extremely carefully on the way forward - I cannot go into details. It's the result that counts, not how I get there.

A weekend news item here in the Outer Hebrides was the stranding of a sperm whale on the beach at Seilebost in Harris. The animal died, and a necropsy was performed to established what the cause of death was. It was not clear what had happened, but everybody was aghast to learn that 100 kilograms of fishing detritus had accumulated in its stomach. This is nonetheless not thought to have been the cause of death.

I usually like to share a photograph or two, but today was not a day for that. Instead, I'll post that gorgeous view you can have on a good day over the beach at Seilebost.

1 comment:

  1. That is very beautiful!

    I hope you were able to get an answer to your question. It was a very nasty, rainy day here yesterday. Today it was just a bit colder than it has been. I think we'll see some sun tomorrow and Wednesday should be a bit warmer. Hope it clears up there for you as well.

    ReplyDelete