Saturday 30 November 2019

NaBloPoMo #30

I have not managed to post every day during the National Blog Posting Month this year, if only because I had an internet outage for nearly a week. Nonetheless, it is a pleasant challenge to find something to write about every day. I usually do.

November has ended on a note of tragedy in London, with two people killed by a knifeman with extremist views. He in turn was shot dead as it was suspected he was carrying a suicide bomb vest. A lone wolf, who took the opportunity of being allowed into London (from where he was otherwise banned). Over in Holland, three children were hurt by a knifeman in The Hague in a busy shopping street. I know the city and I even know the very street. I lived in The Hague between 1993 and 1997 and went to work on a tram along that street each day.

Today is St Andrew's Day, the patron saint of Scotland and the patron saint of railway level crossing. So with bells jangling and lights flashing, we await the arrival of the December Express, destination 2020.

Signing off from NaBloPoMo 2019.

1 comment: