Wednesday 13 November 2019

NaBloPoMo #13

A day without internet. What do we do nowadays without the world wide web to keep us entertained, informed and distracted? The world would grind to a halt, we’d be utterly lost without the incessant flow of notifications, emails and news – fake or otherwise. Worse than that, entire industries and countries would fall apart, because so much of our lives is regulated through the internet.

If I am honest, I use the internet to distract myself. A very bad use of the phenomenon. I also use it as a tool for searching for information, researching things I need to know. Social media, I use Facebook, perhaps to excess. A day without won’t do me much harm. It does serve to focus the mind, what on earth is going on in my life that I am only sociable on through a computer? Time is pressing on, it’s nearly the middle of November and Christmas and New Year are clearly within sight. No more time to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment