Monday 18 March 2019

Utrecht

Utrecht is a city I know well, as I went to university there during the 1980s. In September 1982, I went into lodgings in the Kanaleneiland [Channels' Island] district for two years. I lodged with a lady and her two sons, who were somewhat older than I. After the tramline to Nieuwegein was opened in 1983, I would take that tram to go to her flat.

It was on board that same tram service that three people were shot and killed this morning, and another five were injured, some severely. The TV images showed the area mostly as I remembered it, except for the fly-over. I am horrified at the events in Utrecht, which is a university town, full of young people. I hope the culprit(s) are captured soon.

1 comment:

  1. Such a shame,I am horrified too.When are these shootings going to stop.Sorry it has happened around your homeland Guido xx


    ReplyDelete