Saturday 8 October 2022

Blogoversary - 18 years of blogging

 I vividly remember this day in 2004, when I was in the then Youth Hostel in Kyleakin, 75 miles southeast of Stornoway, clattering away at the keyboard. I had set up Northern Trip whilst in Kirkwall, Orkney, about 10 days before - but started to keep a diary in earnest on October 8th. On that day, I had travelled to Strathaird for a walk towards Camus Fhionnairidh. That is a beautiful beach on the southern side of Skye, overshadowed by the awe-inspiring Cuillin mountains. These rear up to more than 3,000 feet above sealevel; not Alpine in height, but certainly Alpine from a mountaineering point of view. 

On the subject of blogging, I have kept a blog going since that day, although at the moment my posts are few and far between. After AOL pulled its blogging service in 2008, I changed to Blogger and Atlantic Lines. In 2018, I changed over to this blog, A Cobbled Road. I had satellite blogs, such as The Shell Gallery and a private blog. All these are now archived, following developments in the background. 

I hope to be able to continue to blog, whatever the future holds. 

Thank you for being there.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Blogoversary. Guido. Mine 19th was last month...

    ReplyDelete