Sunday 11 August 2024

August 2024

 This month saw me turning 60. I don't feel sixty. 

The world is becoming more and more fraught. It was bad enough that three young girls were stabbed to death at their dance class in Southport, near Liverpool. The explosion of anger and violence that followed was frightening. Fortunately, the police and prosecutors made sure that this was but short-lived. 

I still don't know what to say about Gaza. More than 1,200 people were massacred on October 7th, 2023, when an extremist group went on a killing spree in Israel. Forty thousand civilisans have now been killed in Gaza by Israeli reprisals, designed to destroy the extremist group. Without much success. I just wished everybody butted out of the Middle East. It remains the powder keg of the world. 

Today, I went for a walk in the moorland. It has been a long time, and the distance was only a mile or so - from the Marybank Quarry to the Newvalley peat road. It was not unduly difficult, and I came across this freshly cut peat bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment