Friday 14 December 2018

Losses

It has been a hard six weeks for me. Since the start of November, I have learned of the loss of five people. Four of these were purely on-line contacts, but that does not make their death any easier to bear.

Donna Diggins of Buffalo, NY (USA)
Donna was one of my oldest on-line contacts, and like the two to follow, was part of the J-land blogging community. She was one of its pillars, and keenly missed.


Merry Kenyon of Mason City, IA (USA)

Jimmy Sullivan of Miami Lakes, FL (USA)

Jo Forstrom of Claremont, NH (USA)

Jo was a fellow poet, and always encouraged me, if only through a few words, to carry on writing. 

Sophia Dale of Berneray, originally from Australia

I have posted extensively following Sophia's passing, and am only just about beginning to come to terms with her loss. I did meet her in person. 


No comments:

Post a Comment