Monday 12 November 2018

NaBloPoMo - day 10

Two days late, but I would like to offer some thoughts on internet friendships. I have been active on a social network (of any description) for nearly fifteen years, and have met one or two of the several hundred people that I have been in touch with. My impression matched pretty much what I found on the ground. Whether it be the lady in Cheltenham, England; or the gentleman in Stornoway - or the lady who has now passed away in Berneray. Particularly in the latter instance, I experienced a very strong reaction to her death. Those who read my old blog Atlantic Lines back in 2013 may recall references to Cuddle Castle - and it was nothing more than cuddles. But both Sophia and I enjoyed them, and it creates a bond. It was not possible for me to build up the relationship, if only because we were such vastly different characters.

This week is a very difficult week for me, with not just Sophia passing away (on November 6th), but also Donna Diggins (of J-land) over in Buffalo, NY. She was a friend, someone whose company I enjoyed on-line. Donna succumbed to the effects of cancer on November 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment